Plastic and Paint Makeovers
For the cost of a can of spray paint, you can transform ordinary plastic furniture and pots into an incredible wave of color for a creative outdoor retreat.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
For the cost of a can of spray paint, you can transform ordinary plastic furniture and pots into an incredible wave of color for a creative outdoor retreat. But be sure to use a spray paint formulated to bond to plastic. Such paints even come in textured varieties.
Once you have the paint, here goes:
- Paint a plastic table and chairs in different colors. For example: paint the table red and the chairs yellow.
- Today, even benches and Adirondack chairs come in plastic. Polish them off with some paint and load them up with comfy cushions and pillows.
- Take plastic strapped furniture from dull to delicious. Tape off the metal part of the chair and paint every other strap in different colors for a funky look.
- Come party time, slip-cover plastic chairs in colors that coordinate with its new coat of paint. Add comfort and even more color with small pillows.
- Get creative with borders and patterns. All you need are stencils or tape to create decorative borders or patterns on flat plastic surfaces such as tabletops or chair backs. Or spray on a board-game pattern for plenty of patio fun.
- Don?t forget your plastic pots and plant containers. A new coat of spray paint will perk them up for the season.
- Plastic trays and lampshades can also be spray-painted to match your color scheme.
- Layer pretty tablecloths or colorful napkins in coordinating or contrasting colors on your painted plastic tables.
- Transform your painted plastic pots and urns into creative fountains or cover them with trays (painted, of course) for more table space.
Use this technique plus your own drawing to create a decorative, hanging fused glass plaque.
Get crafting to create a holiday card friends and family are sure to remember. From cards the kids can make to...(16 photos)
No mantel? No sewing skills? No problem! These unique handmade Christmas stockings will inspire you to think outside the sock.(7 photos)