Pirate Ship Backyard
An unused section of backyard is turned into a swashbuckling pirate ship.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
2-foot x 1-foot piece of fabric – plain color
acrylic paints (use waterproof paints if flags will be outside)
1. Choose a fabric that has a plain color and will hold up in the wind.
2. Fold one edge of the fabric over one inch. Fold it over again, so that it is doubled up. Pin the edge to keep it folded.
3. Sew a straight line down the edge to create a seam. Repeat with the other three sides of the fabric.
4. Have the kids paint a scary image on the flag so that other ships will know they are a pirate ship.
5. Let the fabric dry and then proudly hang the flag!