Painted Gourd Witch
Jennifer Throne makes a fun gourd witch for Halloween.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Thanks to Jennifer Throne of Shawnee, Kansas, for this project.
Materials and Tools:
dry, clean pear-shaped gourd
Sculpey or other oven-bake clay
superglue (or cyanoacrylate glue)
Household Goop glue
mini broom handle *
* Ours was made using an ordinary pencil painted with acrylic paint. The dried material for bristles came from a date palm.
1. Select a gourd, sand rough spots and fill any holes.
2. Glue on eyes.
3. Make arms, hands and feet using Sculpey clay. Bake clay for 20 minutes according to manufacturer's instructions, and allow to cool.
4. Drill or cut holes in gourd where arms may attach. Attach arms and feet with glue. Allow to dry.
5. Spackle with wood-filler or paper clay. Allow to dry, and sand.