Outdoor Wrought-Iron Chandelier
The base to an old fire-pit is repurposed into an Tuscan-style chandelier for an outdoor dining space.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
wrought-iron fire-pit base
three outdoor lanterns
1. Turn the base of the fire pit upside down and drill four holes on the tip of the each leg (what will be the top of the lantern).
2. Put an S hook through each hole and attach a chain to each S hook. Then attach the other end of the chain to your mounting device.
3. If your lanterns have clear glass, apply amber glaze on the glass to provide a golden filtering effect. When the glaze is dry, apply a coat of shellac.
5. Using additional chain, hang the lanterns from the interior bottom of the fire-pit base at varying heights.
6. Run electrical wire from the lantern through the chain then make the appropriate connections. Use proper electrical precautions.
The Landscape Smart team adds color and unique plant materials to create a charming cottage garden and extends the space by...