Outdoor-Inspired Toddler Room
A nursery becomes a toddler room with a fun outdoor-inspired theme.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Chara and Gary Campanella's 16 month-old son, Luc, is treated to a new bedroom with an outdoor-explorer theme.
Host Lee Snijders visits the family and Gary and Chara explain that Luc's room was thrown together at the last minute without any thought for style or theme. They don't like the wall color, Luc's toys need proper storage and the crib needs to be replaced with a toddler bed. Along with making the room multifunctional for playing, reading and watching television, safety is addressed and the vertical blinds on the closet will be dismantled in case a precocious Luc wants to pull them down. Snijders also suggests turning the closet into a hideaway.
Luc's room is redesigned with play in mind — here's how the design team creates a room fit for a young explorer:
- New furniture pieces include an armoire and a toddler bed. Fun age-appropriate camping items include a sleeping bag, lantern, backpack and explorer kit.
- The walls and ceiling are painted sky blue to simulate the outdoors.
Accessories and lighting - $353
- blue fleece: Jo-Ann Fabrics - Royal Alpine, 3006061
- easel: IKEA - Mala, 50019370 / 50021076
- rug: IKEA - Lustig, 400.498.58/200.498.59 / green
- Roman shades: IKEA - Setaria, 40039270 / 14257
Furniture - $346
- bed: Toys R Us - 065857120363 pecan traditional / 721735
- desk: thrift store
- armoire: IKEA - Diktad, 80045207
- chair: IKEA - Gulliver, white / 16170 / 90061310
Building materials - $225
Paint - $75
- paint: Behr - True Blue (Pearl) 6620-50
Project Total - $999
This room needs to be redesigned with an appropriate theme for a growing boy.
The Double Take team re-creates a $76,000 dining room for just over $2,300.(9 photos)
Redesigners Leslie Teddy and Katie Bassett make a beautiful south Minneapolis living room much more livable just by rearranging...