No-Sew Fabric Basket
You can make fantastic no-sew fabric baskets, totes and caddies without ever sewing a stitch.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Lynne Farris.
These baskets make great containers for gifts, storing hobby and craft materials, or as accents to your tabletop decor, filled with fruits and veggies, pine cones or flowers.
Materials and Tools:
Daisy Kingdom Button-its
Daisy Kingdom Lace-its in coordinating color
Daisy Kingdom large 17" denim Connect-it square
craft paints in coordinating colors
sponges cut in flower and leaf shapes
1. Dip sponge stamps into water to make them "bloom." Wring out and apply paint to sponge surface. Stamp flowers and leaves at center of each side of square, just below double buttonholes. Let dry completely.
2. To make basket, bring four corners together as shown and tie through pairs of buttonholes second from corner as shown,
3. Thread lacing ends through corner buttonholes and tie snugly into a knot at each corner. Trim ends to 1 inch.
4. Turn basket right side out.
5. Thread lacing through remaining buttonholes at center of each side and tie on outside of each center in a small knot. Trim ends diagonally to 1 inch.
Metalsmith Victoria Moran Caluneo from Mill Neck, N.Y., loves nature, and it shows in her beautiful vessels.