This living room gets a makeover with modern flair.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designer Peggy Sellwood and host Joan Steffend bring modern flair to a newly refinished home.
$36 - Paint
- Hirshfield's - Platinum Ceramic, 88179310C-46/Canyon Gold
$15 - Window Treatment
$35 - Columns and Side Tables
New decorative columns were added to the space to separate the dining and living areas.
- pillars: Tuesday Morning – Ivory Shoti, 4612216
$19 - Wall Cubes
Black wall cubes were attached below the window to provide a creative way to display candles.
- cubes: Target – Furio, 06507-4163-TD340439-V
$49 - Artwork
$48 - Area Rug
A traditional style area rug was chosen to add a vintage feel to the room.
- rug: Home Depot – Mah Davis, 06769
$30 - Table and Chairs
A fresh coat of paint and accent stripes were added to the homeowner’s table and chairs for a contemporary look.
$16 - Sideboard
An old radiator cover was refinished with black paint to create an ideal accent piece.
$88 - Framed Photos
The homeowner’s photographs were enlarged and framed to create a personal touch.
$134 - Accessories
Decorative stones, glass marbles and colorful silk arrangements were used to create stunning floral arrangements. A lush blanket throw and complementary pillows were used to highlight the seating area. Champagne and tumblers glasses were also added to create an elegant feel in the room.
- decorative stones (Rosanna/105744), glass vases (Oddity, 400002392224): Bachman’s
- azalea pot: Home Depot
- glass marbles (Wonder Water/388581133-861), magnolia (ADG2804), silk flowers (Silk Vision/6-2804), onion grass spray (5091046/6-2804): Michaels
- blanket throw (Bellagio), stripe pillow (Natco): TJ Maxx
- tumblers glass (Esprit, 4182500), champagne glasses (Ivory Shoti, 4182607): Tuesday Morning
Project Total – $470
An unfinished living area is completed with bold colors and contoured furniture.