How to Make a Mirrored Photo Frame
Create a mirrored photo frame to highlight special memories. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1x2 poplar lumber
1. The project consists of an outer frame with the top and bottom boards, four uprights and four cross pieces for the picture frames. Cut all the pieces to length using a miter saw. The featured project measures 32" x 20".
2. Rout a rabbit (groove) on the back sides of each piece, which will create a small edge for the photo glass and mirror to lay flat once in position.
3. Attach the pieces together using wood glue on all the joints. Clamp it tight and let dry.
4. Cut the trim using a miter saw and nail it into place on the front of the frame leaving a 1/2-inch reveal all the way around.
5. Turn the frame over and set the mirror and glass pieces into position. Hold each in place using glazing points.
6. Paint and stain as desired.
7. Hold photos in position with a piece of cardboard and tape.
Give an old picture frame a touch of coastal flair and display your favorite beach memories in an easy-to-create,...