Display old family photos with a memory pillow.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Steve Hafliger.
Steve’s memory pillow provides a unique way to display old family photos and keepsakes. He uses photos, stamps and feathers to collage an image and cleverly uses stitched pockets to secure the pieces onto the front of the silk pillow.
metalic silk organza
jewelry or other keepsake
1. Cut two 18" x 22" pieces of the silk.
2. Cut one piece of the organza the same size.
3. Arrange the photo, feather and other keepsakes in a decorative fashion to create your collage on top of one of the silk pieces.
4. Carefully lay the organza over the collage and pin in place.
5. Stitch around the photo very closely to hold it in place. This line of stitching should also catch a part of the feather. In a small separate square of stitching, surround the jewelry keepsake.
6. Place the collage and the other piece of silk together, right sides together. Pin in place. Sew around the edges, leaving an opening.
7. Turn the pillow right side out and stuff.
8. Close the opening by hand with an invisible stitch.