Masculine Office/Guest Room
An office/guest room is now user-friendly with a masculine club room style.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Jim and Jennifer Short have creatively decorated their home room by room but have run out of ideas when it comes to the office/guest room.
Interior designer Kristan Cunningham discusses the design issues with the Shorts. Jennifer's parents visit every week and have no other option but to sleep on the floor, so they need some type of sleeping arrangement. Much of the furniture is in great shape and will stay in the room, and since Jim is an avid golfer, he'd like to incorporate his love for the sport in the room's decor. The walls are hospital white and need some color, as do the closet doors. The lighting will be upgraded as well.
The room is transformed with color and a cohesive club room design — here's how it comes together:
- The walls are painted in a two-tone color scheme separated with a traditional chair rail. The top part is painted a light tan and the bottom is enhanced with a sage green wainscoting.
Art and accessories - $238
- Oriental rug: Lowe's - sku #134953
- brown chenille throw blanket: Marshalls - sku #T1260011016504
Wall treatments - $225
- wall paint – top: Behr mixed to match Benjamin Moore - Huntington Beige HC-21
- wall paint – bottom (wainscot): Behr mixed to match Benjamin Moore Great Barrington Green HC-122
Furniture - $221
- mission-style futon and khaki cover: Al’s Discount Furniture
Window treatments - $214
- matchstick shade: Lowe's - sku #21345
- brown linen panels: Linens 'n Things - Majestydia, sku #028951283716
Lighting - $92
- wall sconce: Lowe's - sku #218987, Bronze
- two desk lamps and one standing lamp: Linens 'n Things - sku #019293377218, Off White
Project Total - $990
The design team helps homeowners turn a room into a home office and guest room.