Make Your Own Bed Tray
Enjoy breakfast in bed served on your own stylish creation.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
The tray in this project is covered with Plexiglas, which is much more durable and practical than glass. So go ahead and relax — isn't that what breakfast in bed is all about?
Materials and Tools:
14-by-20-inch wood frame
two 2-by-2-inch boards
drill with ¾-inch paddle bit
4 wooden candlesticks
four 3-inch pieces of dowel to fit candlesticks
paint and supplies
1. Paint the frame the color of your choice.
2. Have a piece of Plexiglas cut to fit the dimensions of the frame, and insert it as you would glass.
3. Cover the original cardboard backing from the frame with decorative paper. Fold the paper under and secure the paper in place with tape or glue.
4. Place the covered cardboard into the frame and push back the metal clips to hold it and the Plexiglas in place.
5. Apply glue to the 2-by-2 boards that have been cut to size. Place one on each side of the tray. These will give extra depth and support for the legs, which will be added later.
6. Using the ¾-inch paddle bit, drill the holes for the dowels. Drill one hole in each corner, put glue on one end of each 3-inch length of dowel and place one in each hole.
7. Glue the wooden candlestick legs to the dowels. Allow to dry.
8. Turn the tray over and screw a handle onto each side.
Bedrooms are more than just a place to sleep, so decorating them for maximum comfort is key.
These easy-to-sew bolster pillows turn a flat platform bed into a daybed.(video 01:49)
With just a few easy changes, you can turn your boring walk-in closet into a luxurious storage space, reminiscent of a high-end...(21 photos)