Living Room Makeover: From Predictable to Charming
A small loft living room is given a new look with a new arrangement.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Mindy Greenberg and Jackie Davis bring character and charm to a New York City apartment by changing the predictable furniture arrangement to fit the homeowner's artistic and creative lifestyle.
- The sofa and chairs are angled off the wall and a rocking chair is brought in adjacent to the sofa to visually balance the arrangment.
- A round table is placed behind the sofa, the writing desk is set behind the chairs and the bookcase is placed on the short wall opposite the windows.
- The coffee table is used as a TV stand, replacing the high-tech unit that was there before.
- Black and white prints are clustered on the wall around the silver television.
- The bookshelf contents are rearranged according to size, color and theme for a more interesting effect.
A mismatched living room is transformed into a warm space.
Host Karen McAloon helps these homeowners redesign their living room into a contemporary, young design.(6 photos)
Color helps transform a stark living room into an inviting space.