Lighten Up the Living Room for Spring
Hosts Matt Fox and Shari Hiller have some great projects to replace the dark and heavy colors and textures of winter with the light and bright colors of spring.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
fabric (Joyful Mimosa #7953615) - Jo-Ann, ETC
16" square pillow form
3/4" - 1" decorative button
1. Cut one square of fabric measuring 17x17 for the back of the pillow. Cut two pieces for the front measuring 17x9, and then stitch the two front pieces together to create one square measuring 17x17.
2. At the seam, create a flat-felled seam. See how Shari did this on store-bought drapes.
3. Hand-stitch the button to the center of the front of the pillow at the seam.
4. With right sides facing, pin the front to the back and stitch all the way around the pillow, leaving an eight-inch opening at one end to insert the pillow form.
5. Turn the pillow cover right side out. Insert the pillow form and pin the opening closed.
6. Hand-stitch the opening closed and twist the tassel around the button to complete the pillow.