Designer Krista Crawford shares how to make a lampshade cover out of vintage handkerchiefs.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Cut handkerchief to desired length. If using a delicate material, stitch to a piece of muslin for stability.
- Iron pleats into the fabric.
- Cut fabric for the bodice (attach to a piece of muslin if needed).
- Pin the right sides of the bodice's bottom edge and the skirt's top and stitch the seam to create the dress.
- Create three more "dresses" and stitch each together on the edges.
- Add buttons and ribbon to the seams and place cover on shade.
Sue Donsker shows how to make a stone and hand-painted lamp that is certainly not of the usual lamp store variety.