Louise Richer makes a decorative pillow out of a pair of jeans.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
1 pair of old jeans
5 large buttons
1/2 yard of rhinestone ribbon
2 rubber bands
different color ribbons 4 of each color (12 inches long)
yellow embroidery floss
roll of paper towels
polyfiber and a pair of nylon stockings optional*
*Polyfiber and nylon stockings were not featured in this segment, however, instructions are provided for those who wish to make a more resilient decorative pillow.
1. Cut one leg off a pair of jeans. Hold the leg at both ends (figure A) and rub them together under running water. Throw the jean leg in the dryer to attain a frayed look.
2. Cut and fill one leg of a nylon stocking with polyfiber material to make the pillow insert. Tie with a knot to secure. Note: Or insert a roll of paper towels into the pant leg for a quickly made decorative jean pillow.
3. Using needle and embroidery floss, sew buttons to the double seam side of the jean leg, starting in the center(figure D).
4. Remove one back pocket from the jeans with a seam ripper.
5. Stitch this pocket to the inside seam side of jean leg with a running stitch and an embroidery needle and floss.
6. Glue rhinestone trim to the pocket using jewel glue (figure E).
7. Insert the nylon stocking filled with polyfiber inside the jean leg if you wish to make a sturdy jean pillow. Note: Insert a roll of paper towels for a quick jean pillow that is for decoration only.
8. Tie both ends of the jean leg with rubber bands.
9. Tie pretty ribbons to both ends of your jean pillow.
Step-by-step instructions for decorating a pillow using polymer clay.
Audience members show their ways of being creative during the holidays.
Lynne Farris shares her process for needle felting pillows.