"In Bloom" Watering Can Garden Plaque
Casey Kurz paints a colorful "In Bloom" watering can garden plaque.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
15. Cut about 2 feet of copper solder wire for the watering can handle with wire cutters.
16. Drill two holes on the left side of watering can for the handle with 1/4-inch drill bit.
17. Insert each end of the copper wire through the holes from the back of the piece and curl the ends into spirals on the front of the piece using needle nose pliers.
18. Drill three holes into the spout end of the watering can with a small drill bit or nail.
19. Wait 24 hours, and then varnish the garden plaque watering can with a waterproof, protective varnish.
20. Cut three pieces of copper bead wire each about 2 feet long with needle nose pliers.
21. String blue beads randomly to the copper wire twisting the wire below the beads and secure with needle nose pliers. Add space between the beads so they don't run together. Curl the ends of the wires to shape them into "water" streams coming from the spout.
22. Use a clear, strong adhesive glue on the bottom ends of the wire (that are not curled) and insert them into holes drilled in the watering can. Wipe way excess glue with a cotton swab. Let the glue dry for 15-20 minutes.
23. Press the solder wire so the handle is flat against the MDF.
24. Lay the "In Bloom" watering can facedown on a towel and use a hammer to attach the picture hanger to the back of the garden plaque.
"In Bloom" Watering Can Garden Plaque by Casey Kurz from Omaha, Neb.
Newly married Casey Kurz is an enthusiastic artist and crafter. She and her husband have a wedding photography business. Casey also has a degree in creative writing. She combines her love of writing and her love of colors with her whimsical and inspirational wall plaques.
Host Joan Steffend meets with Robb Whittlef to learn some decorating ideas that use old watering cans.
Designer Guy Banks and host Joan Steffend transform a boring room into a hip lounge.
Redesigners Natalie Lewis and Pepper Wilkinson bring color and cohesion to a living room while highlighting the...