Illuminated Display Pedestals With a Faux-Concrete Finish
Dress up any room with easy-to-make decorative columns.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
two 1x6x8 pieces of pine (yields three pedestals)
primer, texturing medium and black paint tint
1. For each pedestal, cut the pine into four equal pieces to your desired height.
2. Apply wood glue to the edges then nail together each piece creating a rectangle box.
3. On the top of the pedestal, use a router to cut a lip on the inside to make a place for the Plexiglas to sit.
4. Apply primer to the outside of the pedestal.
5. Add tint to the texture medium until you get an uneven slate-gray color.
Give a drab dresser or cabinet a playful, bold-colored update with building-block drawer pulls.