Two barrel lampshades add up to a contemporary chandelier in this project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Secure two lampshades, one inside the other, to illuminate a space in style.
Materials and Tools:
two barrel lampshades of different sizes
lamp repair kit
lamp swag kit
threaded rod and nuts
1. Use spray adhesive to attach ribbon to the top and bottom of each shade. Tack it slowly to the shade and pull the ribbon tightly so it won't buckle.
2. Feed the wire through threaded rod and secure the wire to the socket.
3. Feed the rod through both shades and secure with a nut. Screw the "Y" adapter into the socket to allow for two light bulbs.
4. Turn power off to the room before you begin wiring any electrical connections.
5. Feed the chain from the swag kit around the wire, and secure the chain to the ceiling mount.
6. Secure the mount kit to the ceiling.
Designer Donna Moss demonstrates a quick and simple technique for giving a plain, dated chandelier a custom faux-antique look.