Learn how to make your own lavender and chamomile soap with these steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Barbara Briggs from Atlanta, Ga.
Materials and Tools:
lavender and chamomile essential oils
ground lavender buds
rectangular wooden box
stainless steel pot
soponified pomace olive, coconut, and palm kernel oils *
* Note: You can also use a soap-making kit or other pre-packaged soap-making supplies and proceed as described below, adding fragrance and molding soap in a box.
1. Line box with freezer paper.
2. If you're making soap from scratch: Select and measure ingredients by weight. Mix lye and water (solution rises to 200 to 250 F degrees.) Cool solution to 90 F degrees.
3. Melt oils to 90 degrees.
4. Mix lye (or soap mixture from a soap-making kit) and oils together with stick blender.
5. Pour into box. Cover and wrap in blankets for 24 hours.
6. Remove soap from box and cut into slices/bars.
Give kids a reason to take a bath by making soap with their favorite toy in it.