Hollywood Confidential Studio Apartment
Jenna Lecce wants a more glamorous style in her one-room apartment. She's hoping the design team can give her home a new look and more functional floor plan.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Lee Snijders visits Jenna Lecce's studio apartment to get a feel for what issues need to be addressed. Lecce loves the old Hollywood charm of her building and thinks it would be wonderful if the apartment furnishings were more in line with the style of her building. Since the apartment is a one-room studio, Snijders points out that the arrangement of the floor plan cuts off the entrance to the room and the couch eats up precious space in the corner. He would like to add some artwork and paint to the otherwise colorless walls. The windows and closet will need some new treatments and a worn-out sofa will require some attention to create a luxurious new look.
The studio apartment is given a glamorous makeover without going over the $1,000 budget--here's how the design team gets it done:
- The walls are painted a soft pink color to start the elegant new look.
Accessories and Fabric - $310
- bed skirt: Anna's Linens - Crown Elite, 816724black
- curtain fabric: Jo-Ann Fabrics - Silver Baroque Satin 2744498
- curtains: IKEA - Vinde Slinga, 10439
- rug: IKEA - Vinde Wilton, 18778
- couch fabric: Michael Levine
Furniture - $215
Lamps - $199
- lights for headboard: IKEA - Non N spotlight, 40027408
Pillows - $116
- toss pillows: Bed, Bath and Beyond - Mod Whmsy, 531224907553
- pillow shams: Bed, Bath and Beyond - Mod Whmsy, 53122490742
- throw pillows: The Great Indoors - 96 99380821
Frames - $83
- frames: Cost Plus World Market - 000000348360 black
Paint and Supplies - $72
- paint: Behr - Royal Silk, 140E-2
Project Total - $995
See how our team of experts gives a little apartment room a big makeover.
Four trendy young women share their first post-college apartment. The Design on a Dime team brings Hollywood glam with an Asian...(7 photos)
Money is tight for these roommates who are just out of college. The Design on a Dime team helps them move beyond their...(6 photos)