Get ideas on how to create your own headboard from Design Star finalist Alice Fakier.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Use a one-coat paint to save on time.
- To secure this headboard in place, screw the doors directly into the wall. Keep the screws near the door edges as this is the strongest part of each door.
- For a personalized look, use family photos in place of artwork. Black and white will look exceptionally nice.
- For a more formal look, choose artwork framed in heavy ornamental frames and use silk tassels to hang the pieces.
Materials and Tools:
3 hollow core doors (ReliaBilt 24" luan flush interior door slab, item #10690, model #LU2068FJFNN1) - Lowe's
latex paint (Morning Fog) - Benjamin Moore
3 silver hooks (item #085033297) - Target
starfish prints (Diderot)
1. Lay the three doors over a sawhorse and prime the top surface and sides (no need to paint the back since it will be against the wall). Once dry, paint them the same color. Allow to dry completely.
2. Prop the doors between the wall and bed. Attach each hook to the center of front of the door.
3. Measure three pieces of ribbon to the same length. For each picture, staple the two ends of the ribbon to the back of the picture. Make sure they are even on each side. Hang the pictures over the door hooks.
4. Position the doors next to each other flush against the wall, and then push the bed against them to hold them in place.
Get ideas on how to create your own multi-purpose headboard from Design Star finalist Alice Fakier.