Glass Vase Lamp
Sandi Reinke demonstrates how to decorate a beautiful glass vase lamp using Whisper paper.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Sandi Reinke.
Materials and Tools:
sheet Whisper "Forest" paper #26040
antiqued bead fringe #973304
beach glass compote #23037
jar adapter light kit
hot glue sticks
satin finish acrylic sealer
30% water/70% glue mixture
drill with various bits (optional)
1. Wrinkle the Whisper paper and tear into small workable pieces.
2. Dip paintbrush into the glue mixture and apply a liberal amount to the beach glass compote and apply a small piece of Whisper paper.
3. Use the brush to work the paper onto the surface, allowing wrinkles and ridges to form. Continue doing this, with some pieces overlapping the edges of others, until the entire piece is covered completely.
4. Let dry overnight. When completely dry, apply two to three coats of an acrylic sealer.
5. Drill of have drilled the hole in the bottom of the piece. You will need special drill bits that are designed for drilling glass if you plan to drill the holes yourself. To make a 1/4" to 3/8" hole, you will need at least four different sizes of drill bits, starting with the smallest and working up to the largest. Or, have a glass company drill a 3/8" hole in the bottom side of the piece