Paint a Funky Vase
Turn a clear glass vase into a canvas for your artistry.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Here’s an easy project for dressing up a clear glass vase with color and style:
Materials and Tools:
clear glass vase
black enamel paint
transparent glass enamel paints
gold metallic glass paint
1-inch round craft sponge with handle
squeeze bottle with writing tip
triangular craft sponge
1. Wash the clear glass vase and dry.
2. Draw black spirals on the vase with a squeeze bottle and a writing tip. Dry and pre-bake the vase for 15 minutes at 350 degrees in a regular oven. Cool.
3. Paint six transparent squares randomly over the black spirals with transparent glass enamel paints.
4. Sponge gold circles between the squares with a 1-inch round paint sponge (with handle).
5. When the gold circles are dry, dip the end of the sponge handle into black enamel paint and apply smaller black circles inside the gold circles.
6. Sponge a top border of gold triangles on the vase.
7. When the gold triangles are dry, draw black spirals over the gold triangles.
8. Dry the painted vase for 24 hours.
9. Bake the vase for 45 minutes in a 350-degree oven to waterproof the vase and set the paint.
Project by Kay Young of Kay Young Glassware from Blair, Neb.
Make a contemporary version of the Nageire vase, a tall, wide-mouthed bud vase that originated from Japan.