Frog Growth Chart
Track the growth of your little one by building a growth chart covered in frogs!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
MDF (medium-density fiberboard)
2" drywall screws
tack cloth or rags
1. Sketch the entire desired growth chart design onto tracing paper. Cut the design out, and then trace the outer edges onto a 1x12 pine board. Use a jigsaw with a scroll blade to cut it out.
2. To give the piece more support, attach 1x2s to the back sides of the board using wood glue and nails.
3. Lightly sand the entire piece to remove any rough edges and remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rag. Prime and paint the piece and the wooden pegs the desired color, allowing it to dry between coats.
4. Lay the tracing paper into position again, and trace all the details. Paint all of the fun features as desired.
5. For the lily pad support, freehand the design onto a piece of MDF and cut it out using a jigsaw. Prime and paint as desired, allowing it to dry between coats.
6. Drill pilot and countersink holes into the bottom of the lily pad, and then screw the pieces together from below.
7. Drill pilot holes along the sides of the 1x2s, and then use glue to hold the pegs in place.