French and European Influence
Host Joan Kohn tours the luxurious master suite of Janet Caruso's modified Georgian estate.
Filed under: Bathroom Design, Master Bedrooms, French Style, Canopy Beds, Fireplace, Bathrooms, Bathtubs
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- The color scheme is soft and beautiful: pastel shades of pink, blue, green and yellow. The white marble fireplace is the room’s focal point. It is flanked by two oversized mahogany armoires that anchor the room.
- Opulent fabrics of varying materials and colors add warmth and texture to the room.
- Cove lighting adds a soft glow above the ceiling’s dentil moldings. A crystal chandelier in the center of the room adds light in a grand style.
- The large bathroom, divided into smaller niches, uses traditional materials but has modern functioning. There are two separate water closets that contain sinks and vanities; hers is decorated in a soft, feminine style while his has walls upholstered with fabric imprinted with soldiers and lions.
- Between the two small bathrooms is a pedestal soaking tub, located in a bay window.
- The hexagon-shaped shower has brass fixtures and multiple shower heads. Its angular shape softens its presence in the room.
- An elaborate chandelier is the focal point of the bathroom lighting. It is augmented by wall sconces.
- Two closets located opposite the bath are large his and hers walk-ins.
These homeowners can't wait for a budding designer to take their Americana country bedroom, complete with stencils, to a room...
An oddly shaped room is turned into a luxurious master suite.
For less than $50, this master bedroom goes from boring to classic with a timeless design.(4 photos)