Four Elements Home Classroom
A boring basement is transformed into home-schooling classroom with a four-elements theme.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools
1. Clear a clean work area where your family can get messy.
2. Trace the shapes of your favorite fish onto cardboard and cut them out.
3. Into a bowl, pour three parts white glue and one part water to make it a little runny.
4. Cut some newspaper into strips and tear other newspapers in half.
5. Take the larger pieces of newspaper and wad them up into a ball. Place them on the cardboard fish.
6. Dip one strip of newspaper at a time into the glue bowl. Hold the newspaper strip over the bowl and let the excess glue run off the strip. Lay the strip over the edge of the cardboard fish and onto the wadded-up newspaper.
7. Repeat until your fish is covered with a layer of newspaper strips over the wadded-up paper. Use masking tape to help tape down and hold the wadded paper if you have to.
8. Add another layer or two of newspaper strips over the final form until it is smooth.
9. Let your fish dry completely for a few hours or overnight.
10. Use craft paints to paint patterns and faces on your fish.
11. When you’ve finished your painting your fish, let them dry.
12. After they dry, hang the fish on the wall using a thumbtack.