Faux Old World Wall Hanging
In this project, we learn how to create an Old World wall hanging to place in your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Julie Engelau from Round Rock, Texas.
Julie was looking for a creative outlet when she found a painting class that allowed her to create pieces that look like Old World wall hangings. The canvas pieces take the viewer back to another time and place.
Materials and Tools:
stain for aged look
large scale stencil
1. Cut to size a section of art cambric (canvas) cloth.
2. Paint with three coats of latex paint and let dry.
3. Measure border and edging and fold over.
5. Paint and/or stencil on design of choice. Let dry
6. Rub with sand paper to "age" the painted surface.
Colorwashing and combing faux finishes give walls instant texture and color.