Faux Old World Wall Hanging
In this project, we learn how to create an Old World wall hanging to place in your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Julie Engelau from Round Rock, Texas.
Julie was looking for a creative outlet when she found a painting class that allowed her to create pieces that look like Old World wall hangings. The canvas pieces take the viewer back to another time and place.
Materials and Tools:
stain for aged look
large scale stencil
1. Cut to size a section of art cambric (canvas) cloth.
2. Paint with three coats of latex paint and let dry.
3. Measure border and edging and fold over.
5. Paint and/or stencil on design of choice. Let dry
6. Rub with sand paper to "age" the painted surface.
Colorwashing and combing faux finishes give walls instant texture and color.
While the rest of the house underwent renovations, the basement remained a mess. Luckily the homeowners have a treasure trove...(7 photos)
A bland living room is redesigned into a cozy, rustic cabin-in-the-city living room for less than $500.(12 photos)