How to Create a Fabric Photo Frame
Adding fabric to a regular photo frame gives more color and detail to your home decor. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Grace Taormina.
FabriCraft Peel "n" Stick Fabric: paisley with border 650151865, 1" printed paisley trim 650601065
10" x 10" illustration board
orange handmade paper
hot glue gun
3-7/8" x 5-7/8" Plexiglas
1. Un-roll and cut an 11-inch length of paisley fabric. Cut borders off and set aside.
2. Cut remaining fabric to 11" x 11". Remove adhesive and place sticky side up on table. Position illustration board centered on fabric (figure A).
5. Cut 2" x 11" strip of orange handmade paper. Use glue stick to adhere to bottom edge of frame (figure D). Fold selvedge on sides to back of frame.
6. Cut 11-inch piece of bead trim. Cut 11-inch piece of paisley trim. Use double-stick tape to adhere bead trim to top edge of orange handmade paper.
7. Adhere paisley trim over bead trim leaving beads free to dangle (figure E). Fold selvedge to back.
9. Use wire cutter to cut off button shanks. Hot glue buttons onto frame.
10. Position Plexiglas in place and use a pencil to mark eyelet holes at top and bottom of Plexiglas 1/2 inch from the sides (figure G).
12. Drill two holes 1/2 inch from top edge and centered 4 inches apart with screw punch and insert eyelets.
Entertaining expert Dana Christine provides tips for making clever picture frames.