Home Theater Fabric Paneled Wainscotting
Fabric wall panels enhance the acoustics and the aesthetics in a movie room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
one sheet 1/2” medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
eight yards of fabric
three packages of cotton batting
1x4 pine strips
one can of red mahogany stain
red mahogany wood filler
1. Stain the pine strips.
2. Cut the MDF into 2’ x 2’ squares.
3. Cut fabric into squares slightly larger than each piece of MDF.
4. Cut the batting into squares the same size as the MDF squares.
5. Spray one side of the MDF with glue.
6. Apply batting on top of glue.
7. Lay the fabric on top of the batting, wrap it around the MDF and staple it on the back side.
8. Mount the baseboard pine strips to the wall then mount the side strips to wall to separate each padded panel.
9. Slide the first panel into place and continue the process along the wall.
10. Use wood filler to patch nail holes in the pine.