Elegant Office Makeover
An elegant office area is created for less than $500.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designer Susie Burke and host Joan Steffend create an elegant office area in an outdated loft.
$40 — Paint
The walls were painted a warm beige tone.
- wall paint: Behr — Alexandria Beige/HC-77
$117 — Window Treatment
Rich colored fabric panels embellished with leather buttons served as the room’s window treatment.
- fabric panels: Linens 'n Things — Croscill/ Cocoa Chevron Chenille #1435
- curtain rods (Interior Accents/Rustic Crown, 06209621), covered button kit (Maxant/ ADB – 1R)
$20 — Railing Update
Boards were added to the railing to give the space more definition.
- pine boards: Home Depot
$40 — Pillows
Colorful throw pillows added the perfect splash of color to the sofa.
$40 — Ottomans
Wicker ottomans were the ideal solution to adding texture to the room.
- ottomans: Target — 065040566
$93 – Desk
A modern computer desk was constructed using a granite top and sawhorses.
$20 - Printer Stand
A TV stand was the perfect piece to store the computer’s printer and keyboard.
- TV stand: WalMart — Mainstays/1741345
- desk lamp: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Interior Accents/ Home Basics Collection (7262009)
$125 — Accessories
Handles were added to a clock to make a fun serving tray.
- wall lantern: Hampton Bay (567226)
- tea light candle holders: IKEA (20064067)
- cortez wall mirrors: Target (074110644)
- wall sconce/vase: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Interior Accents (6765275)
- red silk flowers: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Interior Accents (1357161269)
- handles for tray clock: Target — Brainerd (085030079)
$495 Project Total
Designer Sara Trosen creates two workspaces in one home office.