Earthy Living and Dining Room
Earthy meets modern in a combination living and dining room.
- More from Design on a Dime
Filed under: Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Traditional, Neutral, Art, Drapes, Window Treatments, Color
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- The wall of windows is made the focal point with a piece of shelving acting as a valance. New drapes complete the design. The shelving is constructed out of 1x10s and the supporting brackets are made of 1x8s, backed with 1x2s. He uses a jigsaw to cut a clean curve on each of the 1x8 shelf supports.
- The television and media equipment are given a new home on a dark wood stand that addresses the precarious balancing act that existed before.
Furniture - $453
- TV stand: Target - #74070401
- dinette set: estate sale
Accessories and lighting - $214
- floor lamp bases: IKEA - YRA, #90037042
- lamp shades: IKEA - EKAS, #20037724
Rug - $121
- jute rug: Lowe's - 910 6x9 Jute Rug Natu
Wall art - $109
- canvas: Dick Blick Art Materials Company
Window treatments - $61
- curtains: IKEA - Bomull PR Curt
Paint - $35
- wall paint: mixture of leftover paint
Project total - $993
Interior redesigner Wendy Murphy brings balance and warmth to a family room and dining area while maintaining a guest- and...
With the help of designers, this hockey-loving family's outdated, cluttered living and dining room is transformed into a space...(6 photos)
Host Joan Steffend and designer Kim Wahl add a colorful modern country look to a bland white living and dining room for $500.(10 photos)