Desk Organizer Clock
Project demonstrated by Chris Wallace.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Walnut Hollow Personal Box
two 1" x 1" corner braces
5" x 5-1/2" white card stock
Delta Gel Stain Medium
Delta Satin Varnish
drill and 3/8" drill bit
Walnut Hollow clock movement with hands for 3/4" surface
Walnut Hollow Classic Dimension wood embellishment
Delta acrylic paint: dark forest green, village green, dark burnt umber
1. To prepare box, use hand saw to cut knob off lid.
2. Use drill with 3/8-inch drill bit to make hole in both center of lid and wood embellishment.
3. Paint box, card stock and braces in dark forest green.
4. Use sea sponge with village green to sponge on the lighter color to add interest.
5. To keep lid open, use glue to adhere braces on both sides, to back of box, aligning with outside edges of box and lid. Let dry.
6. Use brush to mix dark burnt umber with gel stain medium to paint wood embellishment. Band portions of embellishment with dark burnt umber.
7. When dry, sand edges to give a worn look to embellishment.
8. Use brush to apply two or three coats of satin varnish to entire box and wood embellishment.
9. To assemble box, use craft glue to adhere wood embellishment to inside of lid.
10. Smooth glue onto back of painted card stock and press onto bottom side of open lid and down inside back of box.
Kristi Pederson shows how to fuse glass together and assemble her colorful glass clock.