Create a Feng Shui Home
Learn the feng shui dos and don'ts for each room of your home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Make sure you can see the entrance of the kitchen when you're cooking, either by installing the stove on an island or by hanging a mirror on your backsplash to reflect the room.
- Keep drawers, cabinets and pantries clean and organized.
- Add seating, regardless of the size of the room.
- Add warm lighting, like incandescent or halogen, which makes you and the food seem much more appealing.
- Keep your stove clean and be sure to use all the burners.
- Have clutter or unnecessary objects and appliances sitting on countertops or tables.
- Keep old food, whether it's leftovers, dried foods, packages or cans.
- Use fluorescent lights, as they're harsh and unappetizing.
- Have sharp points or dangerous edges on cabinets, furniture and tables.
- Keep knives visible; instead store them away in drawers or cabinets.
Adapted from her book Interior Divine: Walking You Through the Transformation of Your Home, designer Jayne Pelosi shares...(9 photos)