Contemporary and Casual Living Room
A couple with differing opinions finds a compromise in subtle green paint and classic furnishings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
interior wall paint
large picture frame
thin yarn (one shade darker than desired paint color)
1. Tape off a square on the wall and paint desired color. In this case, they used a color taken from the artwork.
2. If not using a bought frame, make one by nailing together pieces of crown molding or door framing. Paint the frame if desired.
3. Hang the artwork and frame.
4. Using small nails, hammer a nail into the wall under each corner of the artwork and underneath each corner of the frame. Remove the artwork and frame from the wall.
5. Using the thin yarn, wrap it around the nails from the corner of the frame to the corner of the artwork. This gives the look of mitered edges on a frame and gives depth to the mat and frame.
6. Re-hang the artwork and frame.