Cozy Bedroom Makeover
See how a boring bedroom is transformed into a warm retreat for less than $500.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designer Ann Sundet and host Joan Steffend turn a blinding white bedroom into a warm and cozy space.
$78 — Window Treatment
Handmade cornices were painted with a silver wash to complement the rust-colored draperies.
$40 — Paint
A terra cotta tone was applied to the walls to add warmth to the room.
- wall paint: Benjamin Moore — Metallic Gold, 2163-40
$90 — Bedding
Reversible bedding, matching shams and throw pillows were added to the bed to tie additional colors to the room.
$40 — Lamps
Old lamps were embellished with rope and silver antiqued to add unique texture to the room.
- lampshades: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Decor, 5577796
$92 — Chaise
A chaise was upholstered using a wooden platform, foam, silk fabric and decorative trim.
- silk fabric: Jo-Ann Fabrics - Silk Champagne, 714005/Signature Silk
- decorative trim: Jo-Ann Fabrics - Braid Mink, 6855738
$115 — Intimate Sanctuary
Fabric panels were hung from the ceiling to create an intimate sanctuary.
- fabric for panels: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Mink, 6857395
- cotton cording: Menard's, 2355656
$2 — Bench
A bench was given a more sophisticated look with a white antique finish.
$12 — Frames
Empty frames were hung on the walls to add dimension to the room.
$25 — Accessories
- mirror/tray: Jo-Ann Fabrics — Decor, 7130693
$494 — Project Total
Host Joan Steffend and designer Ann Sundet create a clean and modern master bedroom for less than $500.