Cottage-Style Home Office
A blue and white color scheme brightens a dreary home office.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
A light and bright color scheme and better storage come together for a charming cottage-style room.
Hunter green walls don't make for an inviting office so the design team intends to lighten them up.
Kristan Cunningham, Spencer Anderson and Dave Sheinkopf come up with creative solutions for a dark and cluttered home office.
Furniture — $511
- Anderson repurposes a thrift-store dining table into an efficient workspace by removing the back two legs and attaching it directly to the wall.
Hardware and Accessories — $245
- Miscellaneous hardware and accessories include roller shades for the windows, cabinet hardware for the homeowners' armoire and a soft area rug. (roller shade mechanism: Lowe's - 43244; rug: Urban Outfitters — 052108118 05720305)
Fabric and Window Treatments — $197
- Light blue and yellow-striped fabric adds color to the windows, while white flowing panels dress up the sliding glass door. (panels: Target — 068030694; fabric for roller shades: Hi Fabrics, Jo-Ann Fabrics)
Lighting — $30
- A floor lamps adds ambiant lighting. (floor lamp and shade: IKEA — Svenarp Floor Lamp & Skimra Shade)
Paint and Supplies — $15
- The dark green walls are lightened with a soft blue color. (wall paint: Behr &3151 Valley Mist 460E-2U; trim &3151 Cracked Wheat 320E-2U)
Project Total — $998
Resident designer Carriann Arkowski works her magic on an oddly shaped room.