Kim Kristire introduces cottage chic, one of the hottest and most versatile trends today.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kim demonstrates how the right mix of colors, fabrics and textures can create a tasteful blend of comfort and fashion. This style is so easy to personalize that the possibilities for cottage decor are endless.
- Cottage chic is overstuffed upholstery, soft floral fabrics and painted woods. It's one of the hottest trends around that mixes new, worn, elegance and above all, comfort.
- There's urban cottage with funky touches, bright artwork and neutral background colors.
- This look is all about freshening up the things you already own using pillows, slipcovers or simply brightening up a room for spring. Cottage is famous for mixing florals with checks and ticking is also usually involved. As for color, you can choose anything from bright hues to muted tones.
- There is a cottage look for everyone. Start with a launch pad — a great rug or fabric — and build the room from there. If you want to give a space that cottage look without going overboard, try adding a cheerful braided rug.
- Kristire believes the cottage look probably originated at someone's relaxed beach house and people decided they'd like the vacation look all year round.
Student designer Tylor Jeffery is put to the test as he is chosen to turn the large, stark great room of Kimberly and Robert...