Kim Kristire introduces cottage chic, one of the hottest and most versatile trends today.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kim demonstrates how the right mix of colors, fabrics and textures can create a tasteful blend of comfort and fashion. This style is so easy to personalize that the possibilities for cottage decor are endless.
- Cottage chic is overstuffed upholstery, soft floral fabrics and painted woods. It's one of the hottest trends around that mixes new, worn, elegance and above all, comfort.
- There's urban cottage with funky touches, bright artwork and neutral background colors.
- This look is all about freshening up the things you already own using pillows, slipcovers or simply brightening up a room for spring. Cottage is famous for mixing florals with checks and ticking is also usually involved. As for color, you can choose anything from bright hues to muted tones.
- There is a cottage look for everyone. Start with a launch pad — a great rug or fabric — and build the room from there. If you want to give a space that cottage look without going overboard, try adding a cheerful braided rug.
- Kristire believes the cottage look probably originated at someone's relaxed beach house and people decided they'd like the vacation look all year round.
Find out how a couple moved from a spacious home to tiny apartment, and get some expert tips for living in a small space.