Colorful Communication Center
Learn how to create this colorful communication center to help keep you organized.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Stampendous stamps: Wyatt orchid, floral diamond, Purebeck gold orchid, orchid expressions, primitive fringe, floral textile, Mendhi moth, mini moth
Crafter's black ink
Ancient Page inks: sandalwood, mandarin, lavender
Stampendous Deep Impression clear embossing powder
embossing heat tool
Craf-T Products, Inc. metallic earth-tone rub-ons
11" x 17"cork board
3-1/2" x 5" wood handle box
3" x 5" notepad
Tsukineko Fabrico markers
postage, buttons, charms, etc.
cording or tassel
foam paint brush
1" paint brush
terry cloth scrap
Plaid Apple Barrel acrylics: spring green, Concord grape, bright yellow, bright red, pumpkin, ivory
Krylon Krystal Klear acrylic spray finish (optional)
1. For cork board frame: Mask off cork board with scrap paper and apply ivory paint over frame using foam brush.
2. Stamp Floral Textile stamp over front of frame using Versamark ink. Stamp Floral Diamond over sides of frame using Versamark ink.
3. Pour Deep Impression clear embossing powder over stamped images in sections. Use heat tool to melt powder and emboss. Continue over frame until embossed completely.
4. Brush various paint colors over frame, keeping colors separate to prevent muddying. Let dry.
5. Lightly scrub paint away from embossed areas with damp terry cloth scrap. Apply rub-ons for added color and highlights. Let dry. Spray with acrylic finish if desired.
6. Stamp various images over cork board using black Crafter's ink. Use heat tool to set ink.
7. For the box: Follow instructions for the frame. Adhere to box with FabriTac. Embellish with buttons, postage, charms, etc..
8. For the pencils, follow the same techniques above. Tie a tassel or cording around the bunch and add to the box.
9. For the notepad: Stamp images over notepad with Ancient Page inks and insert in box.
1. Don't worry about mistakes when stamping on the frame. This is a very forgiving process. Paint and rub-ons will cover any errors.
2. This technique can be adapted to most craft projects: boxes, trays, tins, etc., even scrapbook pages!
Project designed by Pam Hornschu and demonstrated by Fran Seiford.
Recycle old Mexican blankets into colorful floor cushion covers. Follow these step-by-step instructions.