Change up your chairs' look and make them more comfortable with this project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Let your dining room’s style change with the seasons with this easy slipcover project.
Materials and Tools:
white felt (or batting)
1. Measure width of chair back (including half the distance around the thickness of the back on both sides) and desired length of slipcover (including half the distance around the thickness of the top of the chair back). Add extra for seam allowances and hems. Cut two pieces of the main fabric and one piece of lining to this size.
2. Iron top edge of lining over by 1/2 inch and pin to the wrong side of the front fabric, making sure the bottom edges line up and the top folded edge is about 1 inch down from the top edge of the front.
3. With right sides facing, pin the front and back panels together and zigzag-stitch the seams around the sides and top. Fold hem 1/2 inch twice, pin and stitch in place.
4. Fill pocket with double layer of felt cut to size.
5. Turn slipcover right side out and iron flat. Slip over chair back.
Slipcovers are an easy and creative way to add functionality and style to a room. Check out our 15 favorite ways to integrate...(10 photos)