How to Make Candle Wraps
Sandi Genovese shows how to wrap candles with ribbons, stickers, chains and for a more personal touch, wrap them with photographs.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Mrs. Grossman's fabric stickers
Making Memories patterned paper
Making Memories metal charms, bead chain
Magic Mesh self-adhesive mesh
Pop Dots foam adhesive
Ellison slider box die-cut
1. Begin by making a photocopy of your photo.
2. If the candle is round, curl the photocopy first (with the picture facing out), then attach it to the candle with pins.
3. Heat with an embossing tool until the wax saturates and coats the photo.
4. Remove the pins and add embellishments. Tie a ribbon knotted at the base of the photo.
5. Thread a fabric sticker through the metal charm and fasten to the candle above the photo.
Additional candles can be decorated with self-adhesive mesh, beaded metal chain, and coordinating ribbon, stickers and charms.
Create a coordinating box of matches to complete the set. The matchbox can be die-cut, or you can cover an existing box. It can also be created from scratch.
1. To make the box bottom: Trim paper to 2-1/2" x 3-1/4".
2. Score a 1/2-inch border on all four sides.
3. Cut a triangle notch at each corner.
4. Fold on the creases and fasten the corner taps to the sides with glue or double-stick tape.
5. For the box top: Trim paper to 2-3/8" x 4-3/4".
6. Score a 1/2 inch at each end and score an additional 1/2-inch band centered in the middle of the strip.
7. Fold on the score lines, overlap the ends, and fasten with double-stick tape.
Store your menorah candles in this box by following these steps by Lisa Pavelka.