Braided Towel Rug
Who says towels don’t belong on the floor? Follow these steps for transforming towels into a rug.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
3 different-colored cotton towels, washed and dried
1. Cut the towels into 1-inch strips.
2. Take one strip of each of the three colors and sew the three ends together.
4. When that strip is completed, sew three more strips onto that braid and continue braiding. Continue with the rest of the towel strips to create a very long braid.
5. Once you have a braid that’s long enough braid, coil the strips into an oval shape on a flat surface.
6. Starting in the center of the rug, sew the braids to each other so the rug doesn’t uncoil.
Put a cherished rug on display as handmade art with some basic lumber and these DIY tapestry instructions.
You can make a custom, large-scale graphic area rug for your small space. Just follow these easy step-by-step instructions.
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these easy makeover ideas.