How to Make Easy Bottle Cap Magnets
Decoupage bottle cap magnets with decorative papers such as maps, fliers and stamps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Project by Robin Howard
Materials and Tools:
soap and water
general purpose glue
clear sealant or decoupage glue
paper for decoration: map, old letter, flier, stamp
cardboard to make template the size of bottle cap top
ink pen or marker
1. Rinse bottle caps in a mild soap solution and dry well with a towel.
2. Make a template the size of the bottle cap out of thick cardboard.
3. Draw around the template to create circles on decorative paper. Cut out the circles using scissors.
4. Attach the paper circles to the tops of the bottle caps with decoupage glue.
5. Paint decoupage glue over the top of the paper and bottle cap to seal it. Let dry.
Attach feathers and beads to bias tape to create this ornate necklace and earring set.
Use these glass ornaments as place card holders on your table. Follow these instructions by Tim Holtz to make your own ornaments.
Elke Amenda-Spirakis shares her process for making batts and then needle-felting this wooly cat.