Bland Office Makeover
Host Joan Steffend and designer Krista Crawford bring some organization and life into a bland office space for under $500.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Folding Screen/Message Board–$61
A folding screen is made from three old long, narrow window frames. The frames are cleaned and painted black. The message board panels are made by crisscrossing black grosgrain ribbon over upholstered panels and fastening in the back with staples, and in the front center with a small antique nail head. The panels are then secured inside each pane on the window frame. The three frames are then hinged together.
- grosgrain ribbon: JoAnns Etc – style: Offray rn17991
- buckskin faux suede fabric: Calico Corners – style: Aspen/Canyon
A landscape painting is hung on the wall opposite the desk to give the illusion of a window.
- faux oil painting: T.J. Maxx – style: 349151
A black/gold urn lamp is placed atop the desk for task lighting.
- black/gold urn lamp: Hancock Fabrics - LA 0T1853B
- faux orchids: Pier 1 Imports – sku 1928398
- distressed red urn accessory: Marshalls
- wall clock: Marshalls – Skytimer
- black/paisley print: Calico Corners – style: Lakota/charcoal paisley
Designer Sara Trosen creates two workspaces in one home office.