Before and After: From Stark to Warm Living Room Redesign
Color helps transform a stark living room into an inviting space.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Kelly Edge and Jackie Davis bring color and warmth to a stark living room.
- The furniture is repositioned with the sofa on the back wall, the loveseat adjacent to it and the overstuffed chair opposite the loveseat.
- Three of the four glass tables are brought together in the center of the room for a modular coffee table, which complements the contemporary design. The remaining table is set beside the chair.
- The small lamps are replaced with ones that better fit the scale of the furniture.
- A dresser from the basement is used as a table behind the sofa.
- The white walls are enhanced with the homeowners' artwork. A pair of prints is placed above the sofa and a trio of artwork is displayed on the adjacent wall.
- A deep red throw and greenery add much-needed color to the contemporary room.
Kenneth Brown replaces beach style with a sophisticated design.
A living room gets a fun, Southern California-style makeover.(3 photos)
An empty living room is transformed into a multipurpose room.