Before and After: From Stark to Warm Living Room Redesign
Color helps transform a stark living room into an inviting space.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Kelly Edge and Jackie Davis bring color and warmth to a stark living room.
- The furniture is repositioned with the sofa on the back wall, the loveseat adjacent to it and the overstuffed chair opposite the loveseat.
- Three of the four glass tables are brought together in the center of the room for a modular coffee table, which complements the contemporary design. The remaining table is set beside the chair.
- The small lamps are replaced with ones that better fit the scale of the furniture.
- A dresser from the basement is used as a table behind the sofa.
- The white walls are enhanced with the homeowners' artwork. A pair of prints is placed above the sofa and a trio of artwork is displayed on the adjacent wall.
- A deep red throw and greenery add much-needed color to the contemporary room.
Redesigners Leslie Teddy and Katie Bassett make a beautiful south Minneapolis living room much more livable just by rearranging...
This small living room is too cluttered, but by rearranging the furniture it becomes an open space.(2 photos)
This living room is redesigned with a bit of color and a simple furniture rearrangement.(2 photos)