Before and After: Art Work and Color Living Room Redesign
Two redesigners add color and art to a living room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Debora Goodacre and Jackie Davis bring excitement to a room with color, grand artwork and a new furniture arrangement.
- The sofa is repositioned directly opposite the fireplace. The two club chairs are situated in front of the fireplace, angled in towards the sofa.
- The large coffee table, red upholstered chair and patterned rug are brought back into the room.
- An armoire and bench are swapped to make better use of the space.
- The existing artwork featuring delicate landscapes is replaced with dramatic portraits that better fit the room's grand architecture.
Davis shares her tips for placing a piano in a room:
- Place it so that the beautiful curves are facing into the room and the performer is looking out at guests.
- Open up the top to showcase the interior.
Two redesigners redecorate a living room using the owner's art collection.
Kenneth Brown replaces beach style with a sophisticated design.
An empty living room is transformed into a multipurpose room.