Before and After: Apartment Living Room Makeover
How do you give a room a new look with no money? Our redesigners show you how.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Redesigners Mindy Greenberg and Jackie Davis make a living room in a New York City apartment feel much more open--here's how:
- By slightly angling the sofa from the long side wall, it allows for a view outside and also of the TV that's placed on a console table against the opposite wall. A slipcovered chair beside the table creates a small conversation area.
- Two chairs are grouped at the front of the room for a secondary seating area. A round rug is placed in front of the chairs.
- They chose a small green ottoman to act as the coffee table for the sofa because it mimics the round rug nearby.
- Two chests are positioned on either end of the sofa to balance the visual weight in the room.
- Wall art is coordinated with the furniture underneath it--a predominantly yellow poster is placed over the yellow slipcovered chair; a mostly green piece of art is hung above the two light green chairs. A large colorful piece is placed over the white sofa to add a dash of color.
Two redesigners redecorate a living room using the owner's art collection.
Interior redesigners Marie Kinnaman and Wendy Leppert give a living room and dining room a fun new arrangement to go with the...
Redesigners Judy Anderson and Jackie Davis bring color and additional seating to a living room.