Read through the following options for constructing a table, choose your budget and then create your own custom bedside table.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Additional Materials and Tools:
wooden ball feet
electric sander or sandpaper
woven thatch matting
3/4" birch plywood (for box drawer)
1. Before assembling the table, stain each piece, including the wooden ball feet.
2. Apply three coats of polyurethane, with a light sanding in between each coat.
3. When dry, mount the fluorescent light to the underside of the top piece.
4. Attach all of the pieces according to the basic table instructions. Be sure to cut a hole in a bottom corner of the back panel to accommodate the light cord.
5. Measure and cut the birch plywood into pieces for a box drawer to fit the bottom shelf. Also cut two strips for the front panel. Stain and add a polyurethane finish. Allow to dry, then assemble the box. Add a drawer pull and the strips of plywood to the front panel. Adhere travel labels to the front with glue.
6. Cut the woven thatch matting to fit the top and stain to match the table. Attach with spray adhesive and cut off the excess with a craft knife.
7. For a finished look along the matting, use a miter saw to cut strips of L-molding (or have the pieces cut at a home-improvement center). Apply stain and polyurethane, then secure with nails.
8. Protect the matting with a piece of Plexiglas cut to size.
(hardware, light: The Home Depot)
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than...