Read through the following options for constructing a table, choose your budget and then create your own custom bedside table.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
First, read the steps for constructing the basic table then choose your budget below the instructions.
Materials and Tools:
3/4" birch plywood (two 18" x 22.5" pieces for sides, two 18" x 20" pieces for top and bottom and one 18" x 18.5" for the shelf)
1/4" birch plywood (19.5" x 23.5" piece for back)
nail gun (available for rental at home-improvement centers)
1. Mark the shelf position on the back piece 9" from the top edge.
2. Apply a bead of glue on one of the short sides of the shelf and attach a side piece. Using the nail gun, secure every three inches. Attach the other boards the same way, following with the second side piece, the top, then the bottom.
3. Attach the back with nails hammered into place 3" apart.
Now that you've got the basic steps, choose the version you'd like to complete.
Additional Materials and Tools:
four furniture glides
flat interior latex paint, taupe and caramel brown colors
1. Construct the table according to the basic table instructions.
2. Apply a light taupe base coat and allow to dry.
3. Using a clean cloth, rub on the caramel brown paint and blot to create a textured look. Use a sea sponge for additional texture.
4. Continue wiping/blotting the caramel brown color onto the table until the desired depth is achieved. Once dry, apply a coat of polyurethane to protect the finish.
5. Attach four furniture glides to the bottom.
This bedside-table project gives you three design options all based on the same basic construction plan. Just decide on a...
Basic cabinet boxes are built then accented with an exotic hardwood to create high-end looking nightstands.
Spruce up your bedroom with easy-to-make decorative bedside tables. They take less than a weekend to make and cost less than...