Turn a boy's bedroom into a mini basketball arena, complete with regulation net, lockers and bench.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools
sticky-backed fabric or contact paper
small objects that reflect your child’s personality
hot glue gun
1. Have your child pick out a sticky-backed fabric or contact paper.
2. Apply the fabric evenly (sticky side down) to a bare lampshade.
3. With a hole-puncher, punch out evenly-spaced holes around the bottom of the shade.
4. Tie one end of some clear string to the inside of the hole, so it can’t see it from the outside.
5. String your buttons so they hang beneath each hole.
6. Do the same with the small objects.
7. After you’ve strung all your buttons and objects, tie off the end of the clear string so it can’t be seen from the outside of the shade.
8. If you prefer, use the hot-glue gun to attach your objects to the bottom of the shade.
9. Place the lampshade back on the lamp; turn on the light and show your child’s new creation.