Bachelor Room Makeover
Eclectic design elements are used to update this plain bedroom.
- More from Decorating Cents
Filed under: Interior Painting, Room Design, Bedrooms, Eclectic Style, Headboard, Furniture, Painting
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Joan Steffend and designer Nadia Ramirez makeover a bachelor’s bedroom for $500.
$53 - Paint
Alternating colors were painted in a checkerboard pattern on one wall to create an eclectic back drop.
- paint: Hirshfields - Jackson Antique/ 88279004, Danish Pine /88179310, Pumpkin/88279604, Bean Pot/ 88279604
$42 - Leather Headboard
Faux leather strips were woven together onto a wood frame to create a fancy, yet masculine headboard.
- headboard wood: Home Depot
- faux leather: Jo-Ann Fabrics
$129 - Bedding
A textured duvet and complimentary pillows were added to the bed to enhance the headboard.
- bedding comforter: Ralph Lauren - 097165-919339
- twin shams: Nieman Marcus – 01542982
- decorative pillows: TJ Maxx – 026483
$10 - Side table
A funky retro side table was a great find at an estate sale and fit in perfectly with the decor.
$26 - Matchstick Blinds
Matchstick blinds were chosen to give the room an organic feel.
- bamboo roll-up blinds: IKEA - 17-00070489
$112 - Wall of Art
Bare walls were brought to life with various pieces of art work. Several pictures were cut out of art books and framed to create numerous pieces in a pinch.
- art books: Barnes and Noble – Malevich/ISBN#0641600216, Louvre/ISBN#0760734909
- frames: TJ Maxx – 133822; Jo-Ann Fabrics – 6739916 (4 x 6); IKEA - 28605000
- poster: IKEA - 70026822
$2 - Wood Wall Art
Fun patterns were carved into scrap plywood and painted to create additional artwork for the rooms.
$12 - Book Shelf
A bookshelf was constructed using real books and a metal bracket. The bookshelf was dressed with a bright red vase to add a bold punch of color to the room.
- L-bracket: Home Depot
$7 - Modern Desk Chair
A modern desk chair replaced the traditional chair at the homeowner's high tech desk.
$56 - Estate Chair
Leather strips were woven into an estate chair and secured with decorative nail heads. The chair was dressed with a decorative pillow to complete the look.
- nail heads: Jo-Ann Fabrics
$51 - Accessories
The accessories in this room included vases in black and white, a black bowl, books and an unrivaled hand sculpture.
Heather and Burt Mulford need help getting their bedroom uncluttered and organized.
Old World elegance transforms an empty dining room.
This calm dining room is infused with modern accents for a more expressive look.Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter