Bachelor Room Makeover
Eclectic design elements are used to update this plain bedroom.
- More from Decorating Cents
Filed under: Interior Painting, Room Design, Bedrooms, Eclectic Style, Headboard, Furniture, Painting
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Host Joan Steffend and designer Nadia Ramirez makeover a bachelor’s bedroom for $500.
$53 - Paint
Alternating colors were painted in a checkerboard pattern on one wall to create an eclectic back drop.
- paint: Hirshfields - Jackson Antique/ 88279004, Danish Pine /88179310, Pumpkin/88279604, Bean Pot/ 88279604
$42 - Leather Headboard
Faux leather strips were woven together onto a wood frame to create a fancy, yet masculine headboard.
- headboard wood: Home Depot
- faux leather: Jo-Ann Fabrics
$129 - Bedding
A textured duvet and complimentary pillows were added to the bed to enhance the headboard.
- bedding comforter: Ralph Lauren - 097165-919339
- twin shams: Nieman Marcus – 01542982
- decorative pillows: TJ Maxx – 026483
$10 - Side table
A funky retro side table was a great find at an estate sale and fit in perfectly with the decor.
$26 - Matchstick Blinds
Matchstick blinds were chosen to give the room an organic feel.
- bamboo roll-up blinds: IKEA - 17-00070489
$112 - Wall of Art
Bare walls were brought to life with various pieces of art work. Several pictures were cut out of art books and framed to create numerous pieces in a pinch.
- art books: Barnes and Noble – Malevich/ISBN#0641600216, Louvre/ISBN#0760734909
- frames: TJ Maxx – 133822; Jo-Ann Fabrics – 6739916 (4 x 6); IKEA - 28605000
- poster: IKEA - 70026822
$2 - Wood Wall Art
Fun patterns were carved into scrap plywood and painted to create additional artwork for the rooms.
$12 - Book Shelf
A bookshelf was constructed using real books and a metal bracket. The bookshelf was dressed with a bright red vase to add a bold punch of color to the room.
- L-bracket: Home Depot
$7 - Modern Desk Chair
A modern desk chair replaced the traditional chair at the homeowner's high tech desk.
$56 - Estate Chair
Leather strips were woven into an estate chair and secured with decorative nail heads. The chair was dressed with a decorative pillow to complete the look.
- nail heads: Jo-Ann Fabrics
$51 - Accessories
The accessories in this room included vases in black and white, a black bowl, books and an unrivaled hand sculpture.
Host Joan Steffend and designer Ann Sundet take a living room and dining room from unflattering to fabulous.
Host Karen McAloon helps these homeowners redesign their living room into a contemporary, young design.(6 photos)
The Designed to Sell team gives an older home some grand style.(5 photos)Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter